Monday, April 9, 2007

More weekend

- I drove up to the Flannery O'Connor farm on Saturday past trees and shrubs up a long winding driveway. The house is unassuming and was open, but I didn't go in this time. I wanted to see the Iris beds since the director of the foundation had spoken of them. They probably peaked last weekend - they were waning, but there were a lot of them. A little horse behind a fence watched with interest as I turned around to leave.

- My food lady's grandson died. There was a memorial service in a park. When everyone released their balloon, there was total silence.

- The gas station in Eatonton had a couple of chickens roaming around among the cars. The locals did not seem to take notice. An employee told me they visit from the farm next door. Then she pointed to the food warmer behind her and said with a smile, "You know, we have fresh chicken!"

No comments: