Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Curious, closeness and positivity

- Mr C's sign this morning gives the US medal count + Uzbekistan and the UK. Curious that they focused on only these countries - must be that it is three countries beginning with "U."

- Talking to my sister yesterday as she drove to be with our parents for a surgery. She always makes me smile.

- A few months ago I watched a segment of CBS Sunday Morning in which they profiled a movement called A Complaint Free World.org. According to the website, the more you stop articulating your complaints the less complaining thoughts you have and therefore, a more positive life in general. So thinking that I probably complain too much about Atlanta traffic, etc., I ordered the purple bracelet. You are supposed to go 21 days in a row without complaining, gossiping or criticizing. If you do, you must switch the bracelet to the other arm and start the 21 day cycle over again. I switched it three times yesterday, but am finding that it does makes me think twice about what I say.

No comments: