Friday, August 15, 2008

Going the extra mile, lasting impressions and where did you come from?

- The post office nearby has the most fun employees. They refer to each other as Mr. Marvelous and Mr. Fabulous and greet patrons with "How are you this Marvelous (or Fabulous) day?" As I left with a smile, the next person in line said, "I would like some Marvelous stamps!"

- Adding sharp white Cheddar cheese to my scrambled eggs (combined with the smell of freshly brewed coffee) made me think of my grandmother. She always did eggs that way and I always wanted them that way ever since.

- Thoughts of my grandmother were interrupted by a daddy long-legs spider dropping onto the stove. I always try to take them outside and found a plastic cup and lid to scoop him into for his trip, but he scrambled behind the stove.

No comments: