Thursday, May 28, 2009

Bella, dinner at home and peaches are in

- This angel, a favorite in my angel collection, was created by Simone Wilson. When I purchased Bella, I asked why she had this name. "Because she is so beautiful, of course!" said Simone. Bella is made from piano parts! Simone is a self-described "rescuer of materials from the past." Her Pleasant Hugh Studio is in Asheville, North Carolina and is named for her grandfather, who surely must have been a lovely man to wear the name of Pleasant Hugh and to be given this tribute.

- A lovely dinner at home of Tomato, Basil and Mozzarella whole wheat ravioli on top on field greens and broccoli, drizzled with olive oil, Dijon mustard and lemon juice dressing, and shredded Parmesan cheese on top. Yum.

- The peaches from Sherry's Produce were beautiful and one of Sherry's sons rhapsodized about how good they would be and that they pick them up from South Georgia themselves. I just thought they smelled good. And they were delightful on my morning oatmeal.

4 comments:

TALON said...

I love reclaimed art and Simone makes beautiful pieces. Bella is gorgeous.

Your dinner description has me salivating and I've just finished breakfast!

I'm jealous - it will be a few more months until our peaches are in season. Those and cherries are the fruits I look forward to each summer.

Lynn said...

Talon - Bella is the showstopping piece in my hallway.

That was a great dinner and fast. Quickly steamed broccoli and the dressing was already made in a mason jar. Refrigerator ravioli - the brand was Monterey something. Delicious.

I LOVE cherries. My sister gave me a beautiful pottery colander and I like to keep cherries in on the counter to snack on.

Jannie Funster said...

Piano parts! How creative. Hopefully the piano was already on its way out? I'm sure it was.

How tall is Bella?

Lynn said...

Yes - apparently salvaged from a junk yard. Bella is 15 inches tall. Simone has wonderful artwork - she used to work out of a studio in Scottsdale, GA - a near-by ex-mill village enclave of studio artists. But has since moved to Asheville -