Monday, July 15, 2013

Welcome sight, remembered and getting a wave

- Driving into Thomasville, Georgia (at the very tip of south Georgia) on an overcast day, to meet my sister and niece for lunch on Friday.  This would have been a more beautiful through-the-windshield shot without all the power lines and cars, but still beautiful to me.  There was a tour group (all holding paper fans) on the steps of that church.  And beyond that - two beloved women sitting in a restaurant waiting, a welcome sight after the long drive from Atlanta.

-  A woman in a shop remembers me, even though I haven't been there since last December - something I only seem to encounter in small towns.

- Getting a wave from everyone inside on-coming cars on the highway on the six mile trip to my sister and brother-in-law's farm.  Whether they recognize you or not - they are always friendly there anyway.

More photos on Wednesday!

11 comments:

happygirl said...

So sweet to drive a long way to visit your sister and niece. I just spent a week with family. I think I would have enjoyed an afternoon with lunch. :)

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I look forward to more pictures of your day with your sister.....Isn't that nice that people are so very friendly....! I like that, a lot!

Riot Kitty said...

Wow, you talk about friendly!

You take some marvelous shots that I can never believe are through the window.

Chatty Crone said...

Small towns are really nice aren't they?

Fireblossom said...

That's wild about the people in cars. I can never tell who's inside a car anyway, unless the windows are down.

Lynn said...

happygirl -

I wish I could do that every day - so neat to walk into that restaurant and get hugs.

Naomi -

They are so nice down there.

Riot Kitty -

I cropped that one a little, but still too many cars and power lines. It's a beautiful spot though. And thank you. :)

Sandie -

They are.

FB -

True. :)

sage said...

It's nice to be greeted with a wave--but the fans in hand remind me that it's hot down there right now (as it is up here).

Roland D. Yeomans said...

It is nice to be greeted by a wave in places you're returning to. Once in my duties as a rare blood courier, I walked into a distant coastal hospital. A young mother and child walked out as I was in the parking lot. The litle boy smiled wide and rushed to me, throwing his arms around my legs.

The mother rushed up. "It must be your kind eyes," she said. That has stayed with me. :-)

Jannie Funster said...

I LOVE places small enough to wave at everybody and they wave back. It's fun too in big cities to wave at everyone. Sometimes they wave back at stoplights. But ususally they just stare at you and think you're nuts. Which I am! So I take no offense. :) It's more fun when you have other people in the car to wave at strangers too. :)

Well, you make a big impact on people, small or big town.

And I'd rather have power lines than the reality of horse and buggy on muddy streets with no modern sanitation conveniences nor electricity. It's still a gorgeous scene! The crepe myrtles are out happily here too.

Now... maybe a smidge more of the cherry pie for my lunch dessert. :)

xoxoxo

LL Cool Joe said...

People seem to remember me, and it's always a nice feeling. I often feel as we get older it's so easy to become invisible.

Snaggle Tooth said...

Always so difficult to exclude powerlines! pretty anyway- Friendly folks are always memorable, waving can be fun! Here folks think your Looney Tunes when you do that with strangers, but still get smiles n laughs-