Friday, May 9, 2014

Along the way, passing view and customer service

- There are a few spring flowers around here still.  I love the little glimpses of them I am seeing around here and there - this group encountered on my way to walk at the park.

- Spotting some roses trailing over a fence at a charming cottage, while sitting in traffic during a lunchtime errand.  There was just time to muse out how beautiful they are before I had to move on.

- And at the grocery store errand, I could not find the sesame peanut salad dressing a friend had promised would be at this store.  A passing store worker said she would call the manager.  I thought, "Great - I'll be standing here 10 minutes."  But less than 30 seconds after the speaker page, the manager appeared.  I asked it he was standing around the corner, and he was.  :)  I'll be going back there, especially since he said he would order the salad dressing. 

It's the little things...something I need to get back to recording.  Good things happen every day - it's just taking the time to notice them.  I hope your weekend is filled with good things, my friends!

16 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Those little things sounded pretty big to me. The sort of 'little' things which make a day soooo much better.
Have a great weekend.

Leonora said...

Good Morning Lynn! I've been thinking the same thing- to slow down again and savor the little things. It's a battle sometimes- to take the time when life can be so hectic. Enjoy your weekend!

Joanne said...

Nothing like good customer service! Very impressive!

LL Cool Joe said...

We have quite a few rose bushes in AZ, and it amazes me the way they survive the blistering heat. I'm not a great fan of roses but I can't deny their beauty.

Granny Annie said...

In this day and time it is very strange to have such good customer service. Oh if only it wasn't such a rarity.

Sparkling Red said...

I love when spring flowers all start to bloom at once, and the world is transformed. It's hard to feel bad about anything when you're outside surrounded by beauty.

Susan Kane said...

It is the little things, the little kindnesses that remind me I also need to be that way.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

I love that you notice all the beauty around you---especially where flowers are concerned. Yiu are so right---something good does happen every day---it may be a little thing, but 'good' is better than bad!

Lee said...

Good things do happen every day; and as you say we just have to make ourselves aware that they do. :)

Riot Kitty said...

I agree with EC. And once again - I read your blog, I want to eat. Sesame peanut! Nom!!

Louvregirl said...

Sending you a million more little (good) things (and then...some really big things, too, Lynn!)

That salad dressing sounded excellent, too. :-)

Ileana said...

What a beautiful pic. I could picture myself sitting on that chair reading a good novel. Enjoy this awesome day!

G. B. Miller said...

Most definitely it's the little things that can make an average be spectacular.

Father Nature's Corner

TALON said...

I think you have brilliant eyes for seeing those things most of us walk right by and never notice. Wishing you a weekend filled to the brim with beautiful moments, Lynn.

Snaggle Tooth said...

Pretty tulips! Wish my cam was better at tulip shots- there are some around I'd like close-ups of. No roses blooming here yet- mine need trimming, running all over the lawn. Seems sometimes customer service is a big time-waster- you are so lucky for kind n speedy help! Happy salad dressing hunting...

Sara said...

I loved how you closed this post. It reminds why I enjoy reading your posts so much.

They reaffirm the "good things" in life and make me think about the good things that happen in mine. You pass on the "good" and it's very much appreciated.