Friday, May 15, 2015

Bird's eye view, welcome mile and bridge view

- Ahhh - it was a lovely afternoon for a walk at Tanyard Creek Park, near my office. Pleasant weather with lots of cloud cover, about 82 degrees. That's Bobby Jones Golf Course there - the park runs along side it. It was mostly unoccupied by golfers just then, but there was a bird surveying its surroundings. Click to enlarge if you can - he/she is framed there in the middle. 

- They have added an extension to the walking path since I was there last - making an connector to a tennis center that I didn't even know was there.  It adds a welcome mile to my walk. This is the end of the new section, so I turned around here. This was Civil War battle ground (the Battle of Peachtree Creek), so that's what all the historical markers there denote - they are all about battle lines and brigades. 

- I love the view from this bridge on the other side of the park. That privet was blooming all over the park and smelled heavenly. There was a toddler walking with a nanny just ahead of me before I stopped - I love how they walk like the proverbial drunken sailor.  :) I don't take this walk often enough - new resolve to do this more often. It was lovely.

It's the weekend already! I hope you have a happy one!

13 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

What a beautiful place. I suspect I would be stopping a lot to ooh, to ahh and to absorb.
Have a great weekend.

OldLady Of The Hills said...

It looks very lovely.....It has a lot of History to it, too.....Sad history because so many lives were lost right there on that land.....But it sure looks Beautiful now......!

sage said...

Appears to be a lovely place for a walk--I haven't heard of the Battle of Peachtree Creek

Ileana said...

I'm in love with your last photo. Looks like a magical place from a picture book. I have a street in my neighborhood that has a similar view but not as remote. Yours is better. Have a beautiful week, my friend.

Joanne said...

You're surrounded by so much beautiful scenery!

LL Cool Joe said...

What a beautiful place to walk. I hope your weekend has been good. Mine is just about to end, as it's almost time for bed!

I hope your Monday is full of beauty too.

desk49 said...

Things of happiness in three
Green
Green
Green

Green is a happy color

Snaggle Tooth said...

We haven't had any 80F days yet. A few humid ones tho. Before blogging with Atlanta folks, I'd neve r heard of the PeachTree involvement in our history- Nice they added it in for your surprise.

Sparkling Red said...

Ah, the lovely greenery. And this time I don't have to feel jealous, because Toronto is finally in leaf!

Crafty Green Poet said...

looks like a lovely place for a walk

Anonymous said...

Such lovely lushness and so green!

Lee said...

A bridge not too far...I love your pics, Lynn. :)

Riot Kitty said...

I need to suddenly get on a private jet and come for a walk with you. You walk in the neatest places!