Friday, May 8, 2015

Shyness and beauty, out front and loyalty

- The spring potting is underway.  Company is coming, so I was motivated to get started.  This is my very shady back porch, so I've got Woodland Fern, Hosta and New Guinea Impatien there.  And I always love my shy angel that sits on bricks from my maternal grandparents' home.  When I was there for the last time - I walked around their back yard, saying goodbye to it and saw some bricks stacked against the house.  I asked my mom if could have them - and I've made good use of them, I think.

- Out front - I named this photo "Lantana and friends" because that's the only name I remember - there are other type plants in that planter on the right.  And I do remember from posting about Lantana last year, that it is not revered in other parts of the world, as it is in the southern US, but it reminds me of home, so in the pot it went.  (But it does kind of smell bad - maybe it'll keep the mosquitoes at bay.)  :)

- When I opened the front door this morning, neighbor Cali there licked my toe.  She always does that when I walk out in flip flops.  :)  The photos I took of her are comical.  They are all action shots - she never stops moving, so I had a hard time getting a good one, but in this last one, she only had eyes for the door her person went into for a moment and there she stood until neighbor Rhonda came back out. 

My sister Jo and her daughter, niece Amanda are on their way to visit from Florida, for some city happenings.  I'm off from work today, and excited to be with family.  Have a great weekend, everyone!

12 comments:

Fireblossom said...

Your back porch is so beautiful, Lynn. Enjoy your company and your weekend!

Maude Lynn said...

I love your angel!

Elephant's Child said...

Love your angel and her brick plinth. Definitely an excellent use of those bricks.
Love the views of your home and your visitor too.
Have a wonderful love and laughter filled weekend.

Lee said...

What a pretty little dog. What pretty pics all round! Have a wonderful weekend with your family members, Lynn. :)

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Lynn - love the patios and the plants ... looks so cheerful. the bricks certainly raise your angel up so we can see her better. Enjoy the weekend with your family ... sounds it will be a fun time .. cheers Hilary

sage said...

Enjoy time with your family. That's a beautiful dog!

Sparkling Red said...

Aw, doggie kisses are the best. :-)

Crafty Green Poet said...

I like your shy angel and your friendly neighbourhood dog

Anonymous said...

Oh - so pretty and I love that angel.

Riot Kitty said...

I'm glad you have a picture of Cali here, or I would have had a very different idea.

Snaggle Tooth said...

Lucky you gertting a day to prepare for a visit week-end. I've been asking for owed days off since December n only got one in five months! Beautiful displays you have there!

LL Cool Joe said...

It's amazing how much work we get done in and outside the house when we know we have visitors! I thought we were going to have some recently and had a flurry of activity then had a phone call to say they wouldn't be staying after all. Sigh.

Love the shy angel.