Tuesday, February 2, 2016

Little bit of green, nothing in particular and Lenten Roses

Since I've been under the weather a little lately, I've missed my Saturday morning walks.  This past Saturday was a glorious day and I was feeling better, so off we went.  I had to wait a few minutes for my walking companion, and so was able to admire the scenery around me for a bit.

 - This pretty little bit of greenery was popping out in a sea of mulch - reminding me that spring will be here before we know it.

- A man and his young son emerged from the trail on their bicycles, chatting about nothing in particular.  I loved their companionship.

 - And just in time for Lent, which begins next week, beautiful Lenten Roses, bobbing their sweet heads.  Lovely.

In the parking lot across the street, a motley crew of young men and women were marching up and down in formation.  We figured them for an ROTC group out of uniform, working on their skills.

11 comments:

Elephant's Child said...

Love the sedum. I will have to see if ours is shooting.
Sadly when weeding a bulb bed today I discovered that many of the spring bulbs ARE shooting. Way too early.

Granny Annie said...

We had a few days of spring-like weather and I even went out and bought a new lawn rake. This morning cold and rain again. Days like this make me glad my bike rides are inside on my exercise bike.

sage said...

Glad you are feeling better--lovely roses.

Lee said...

Sorry to hear you've been feeling a bit under the weather lately, Lynn. You'd better get stuck into those delicious oranges you bought...and then go and buy a pile more! Beautiful fruit are oranges!

We're suffering through horrible steamy, muggy, high humidity here at present! I hate it! Bring on autumn and winter. Our winters are not very cold...quite mild, really...and I do prefer winter to this horrible, sticky heat.

Now I'll stop grumbling!! :)

Beatrice P. Boyd said...

Seems that bring under the weather is going around now. We have both been battling a cold for the past week and finally went to an urgent care center and learned we did not have any infections, just a stubborn post-nasal drip and cough. Hope you are feeling better soon.

Hilary Melton-Butcher said...

Hi Lynn - winter blues aren't nice - I've just come out of a nasty one. But the greenery is green green green ... and the Lenten roses are always lovely to see. Our shoots are shooting up and have been since last year ... nature will adjust - cheers Hilary

LL Cool Joe said...

I'm sorry you've been feeling ill, but I'm glad you are feeling better now. I like the photo of the man and his son. Cherished moments with your kids are always special. I hope you have a great weekend Lynn.

Kay G. said...

You should go to Arabia Mountain and see the diamorpha, it is growing and the bright red is gorgeous. Hope you are feeling better.

Sparkling Red said...

Green growing things! It does one good to see them thriving.

I hope that you feel 100% now or as soon as possible.

Anonymous said...

Such pretty roses!

Snaggle Tooth said...

Yep, Tuesday was Mardi Gras already! Wish we had green around here- but arctic air is taking over finally- Hope things are better this week for you