Saturday, May 5, 2007

More treasure

- More armoire loading and I found a smooth river rock that I picked up at Loch Loman. I began singing "the bonny banks of Loch Loman" to my kitty and she turned around and left!

- In the bottom of a cup I found a fortune cookie message that reads, "Stop searching forever, happiness is just next to you." I am dropping it into a little pottery vase that Barbara G gave me for placing wishes or prayers.

- The cup has lettering on the side that reads " HOOSIERS Most Valuable Player." There was a class that someone from BellSouth personnel came and taught to the district managers around the mid-90's. It involved watching the movie "Hoosiers" and taking a test on how scenarios in the film related to personnel issues that we could or would potentially deal with. I came in first and have always kept the cup on my desk to hold pens and pencils. My secret competitive spirit still remembers the flush of pleasure I found in besting 30 co-workers.

No comments: