Tuesday, December 23, 2008

Teamwork, traveling mercies and city lights

- Standing in the checkout line at the grocery store and observing the hip looking checkout guy tying the apron strings for the "special needs" bag guy when he comes in.

- An excited email from my sister in Virginia about nieces and son-in-law traveling to the Shenandoah Valley for Christmas. From Portland, Oregon and New York City, they are making their way home.

- Realizing how short the days have become. The world is completely dark during my commute from 6:30 to 7am. The city lights of Atlanta look beautiful this morning.

3 comments:

Jannie Funster said...

1. So sweet.

2. Almost heaven , West Virginia, Blue Ridge Mountains, Shenandoah Valley...?

3. But the days are getting longer now!!! I love it. (Until the spring time change when I will be all messed up again, yuck)

G. B. Miller said...

1. Definitely a good thing.

2. "Shenandoah River". Life is old there, older than the trees, younger than the mountains, blowing like the breeze.

3. Could be worse. Got temps in the 20's. But the city (Hartford) looks really funky at night.

Lynn said...

Jannie and Georgie - my sister is kind of like a Mountain Mama!

More on the grocery store checkout line: When it was my turn, (I was buying two pouches of Pupperoni treats) the hip guy said, "What kind of dog do you have?" I just said, Weimaraner and Pekinese." Not wanting to say they were presents for my canine nephews, Moby and Lucky. :)