Wednesday, December 24, 2008

Nollaig Chridheil!, God Jul! and Merry Christmas Y'all!

- Greetings to you in Scottish Gaelic (pronounced No-laig Crid-ellie), Swedish (my brother-in-law's heritage and Christmas greeting) and Southern US (I wear the shirt pictured above every Christmas morning.) No matter how you say it - I wish you all peace, joy and lots of love this Christmas, Hanukkah and anything else holidayish you might celebrate!

- Receiving a little Christmas gift bag containing three good things: chocolate, a jingle-bell necklace and a lottery scratch ticket. And winning $100 off the ticket!

- The volunteer coordinator at the Georgia Radio Reading Service asks me to record a New Year's message to the listeners. She says "Auld Lang Syne" will play behind it, so I should read the message slowly. I practice in front of her and she says, "Now read it like you like me!" Auld Lang Syne seems such a melancholy song that the thought of that crept into my voice. So I pictured my legally blind grandmother when I recorded it.

2 comments:

Jannie Funster said...

I can relate to the y'all part!!

What did you buy with your $100???

Lynn said...

Hi Jannie. I used it for gasoline, etc. for my trip down to Florida. Road trips always seem to eat up cash, so it was handy!