Thursday, April 23, 2009

Cleansing rain, a kick and great joy

- On a day in which no rain at all is predicted until later on tonight, a co-worker asks me if it rained on me this morning. No, I say. No rain is predicted until tonight. Well it rained on him - big drops. Pouring. I tell him that I hope he is not like that cartoon character from Li'l Abner who has the rain cloud above only him. Perhaps it is just meant to be a cleansing rain.

- Getting a kick out of David Lebovitz's Twitter post: "Had raw duck for dinner last night. Luckily woke up still alive."

- "Do not be afraid. I bring you good news of great joy that will be for all people." (Luke 2:10) - this scripture that was part of this morning's daily devotional I get called "Faith at Work." It was good to read that this morning and it is lovely that the writer put it into another context other than the Christmas story.

No comments: