Tuesday, April 7, 2009

On the map, yum and last chance

- This cookbook that features desserts from local Atlanta restaurants has put my Taqueria Los Hermanos on the map by including the recipe for their Tres Leches cake. Leisa and I flip through the copy on the counter as we are paying for our after-the-gym dinner. (The cover features Fried Oreos.) One of the brothers, Orlando, smiles as he tells of someone bringing their copy in for them to sign.

- Thankfully this cookbook does not focus only on Southern standards, although there are some included (Mary Mac's peanut butter pie. Had it before. Yum.) Just reading the review makes me want to go to Rathbun's for the Gooey Toffee Cake. Mmmmm mmmmm.

- An early spring cold snap has visited our city, giving a last chance for boots and fireplace action.

4 comments:

Jannie Funster said...

Fried oreos just makes me want to laugh, sorry. But I bet they are good as per the recipe.

Not sure if I've ever had peanut butter pie. What's the consistency like?

Lynn said...

Peanut butter pie is sort of like the consistency of chocolate cream pie, but a little more dense.

Jannie Funster said...

Ooo, sounds like a pie-eating contest I could get up for!

If beer were the prize, of course.

:)

Lynn said...

And beer is a GREAT prize! I love me some beer.