Wednesday, April 22, 2009

Earth Day, progress and fun evening

- It is Earth Day. "A time to celebrate gains we have made and create new visions to accelerate environmental progress," according to EarthDay.gov. I am proud that my printing company is "green." We use soy-based inks, recycle all scrap paper and we encourage the use of recycled paper for printing.

- The construction project shown above is on Northside Drive in Atlanta. Some old buildings I used to admire for their character have been knocked down to make way for something new we shall see soon, I suppose. But at least they saved the trees...

- A fun theater night with the Fun Girls, deciding on Gordon Biersch for dinner. I order the special burger of the night, a "Blue Moon" burger topped with bleu cheese and sauteed mushrooms with just the right amount of char on the burger. Garlic fries on the side. Everyone changes their order to match mine. Yum.

4 comments:

Jannie Funster said...

People just can't resist being like you Lynne, even on burgers!

Lynn said...

But it was so funny. I was the last the get there - they all had cocktails and had decided on salads, salmon, etc. When I looked at the waiter and said I wanted the burger and garlic fries, they all slammed their menus shut and said, "Change my order to that, too!" Too funny. I say, life is short, eat the burger if you want, just not every day.

Jannie Funster said...

Every Monday when I pick Kelly up at 5:15 from afterschool I have burgers waiting for us in the car which I just got at P.Terry's. umn, umn good. We eat them on the way to Kung Fu.

Yyesterdy I felt fat.

Today I feel skinny.

Go figure.

Lynn said...

That sounds like a fun Monday ritual!