Friday, April 10, 2009

Peaceful hour, Red Ryder and just the ticket

- My favorite nail technician smilingly clucking over the state of my fingernails and saying she will mostly just work on my cuticles, making for a peaceful hour, along with the pedicure. Nevertheless, my hands look very nice now even if my nails are "active length."

- Asking friend Bill is he will operate the sound board at the Good Friday service and he replies, "You betcha Red Ryder!" He is aghast that I do not know who Red Ryder is. However, a Google search turns up multiple uses of that phrase scattered among many websites. And it turns out that Red Ryder was a cowboy of comic strip and radio fame from the '40s. Later, when I am leaving he says, "See you tomorrow night?" You betcha Red Ryder!

- A late night dinner of a hastily thrown together spinach and feta cheese omelet was, as my grandmother used to say, just the ticket.

4 comments:

Jannie Funster said...

I think "active" length nails are just the ticket! I wonder what they call the medium and longer lenths? Do they have fancy terms for them?

Lynn said...

I don't know, but at one time I used to get those acrylic nails. I can't believe I did that. Short nails are so much more comfortable, so I'm sticking to the active length. :)

Jannie Funster said...

I have to have very very short ones on my left hand, for fretting. And I constantly fret about my right-hand ones as those are my picking and strumming nails.

Lynn said...

You don't seem like a fretter to me.