Monday, April 6, 2009

Return, spring dessert and show tunes

- They're back! There were reports last year of the the disappearance of bees. Beekeepers visiting their hives would find them deserted (it's like the mother ship came and got them.) And realizing that, indeed, I had not seen any bees buzzing around my flowering plants for a couple of years. But yesterday, spotting some bees through the kitchen window. Where have you been?

- A lovely spring dessert of angel food cake, strawberries and whipped cream. Yum.

- Reading a report that President Obama gave Queen Elizabeth an iPod as a gift, all loaded up with show tunes. I hope she liked that.

2 comments:

Jannie Funster said...

I'm so glad of the bees. It is interesting that they would be gone so long. Hmmmn. Just so glad that they're back! I know how precious and absolutely necesaary they are for our survival. Plus they are so cute.

I heard about the iPod for the Queen. I think it's a wonderful present! But somehow I had pictured her listening to Patsy Cline.

And so sorry I had acidentally "spammed" your last comment on my Bird On A Wire post. Darn it. I get sooo many spams, I just sit there clicking some days, but I know how to send them to a different folder now, at least I think I do. Hopefully!

xo

Lynn said...

Oh - no worries. I just saw your email on my gmail account. I don't check that one everyday - it's not my primary email.

I believe I could hang with the Queen if she listened to Patsy Cline. :)