Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Follow the path, daydreams and equalizer

- I've always admired the yellow brick roadish appearance of the floor of this corridor that leads from the lobby of Georgia Public Broadcasting (where I volunteer) to the parking deck elevators. They just painted the walls this vibrant blue and green color. The guards at the desk were hugely entertained that I was taking a picture of it (hence the slight fuzz due to my laughter). One of them tells me that they are about to cover all that up with murals. And I kind of liked it like this.

- Attending a class that lasted most of the day - it was Paper 101 (conducted by paper suppliers.) My favorite part: a woman says that there are tons more trees now than there were 100 years ago due to managed forests. Seriously? Well, I hope so. Hmmm. Least favorite part: when the paper rep (who knows me and considers me an industry expert) called on me to clarify an answer while I was zoned out. Daydreaming - my mother used to call it.

- Sitting with a group of people who don't know each other at lunch and finding that the iPhone is the great equalizer for creating conversation. Much more so than paper. :)

12 comments:

LL Cool Joe said...

I like the corridor as it is too!

I like the fact that the rep considers you an industry expert, and I bet even if you were zoned out, you still knew the answer!

Lynn said...

Joe -

That blue is green is so pretty - so much brighter in person, too. It was sort of an industrial beige before.

I am such a daydreamer - I used to get comments in my report cards at school for that. But it was nice to be recognized like that yesterday. :)

Maude Lynn said...

I KNEW you were an expert!

desk49 said...

Yes nice colours but not sure I'd be wanting to look down them all day. Weaving back and forth like that.
Class 101
1. Pay not attention, they will call on you.
2. What they're saying is always what is right.
3. No matter how will you do pay attention you will fall asleep.

LOL An iPhone a paperless device at a user more paper class.

Louvregirl said...

Lynn~ My husband always says that; about there being more trees now. I think he might be right. Where I live...there are LOTS of trees (and people plant more trees!) I like that corridor, too.

Fireblossom said...

That can't be true, about the trees.

Riot Kitty said...

That is a great picture!

Snaggle Tooth said...

What a strange hall design! nifty- that's the place that always has cool art too... I took a paper class in art school once... maybe YOU should be teaching that class! (or charge a consulting fee).
I've never gotten to play with an iphone yet-

Lynn said...

MZ -

I don't know about that. :)

Ellis -

The guards are the ones that look at them all day. Hope they like it - they didn't say. And I lol with you at the paperless device.

lg -

I hope he is right!

Lynn said...

FB -

I know - I wonder.

RK -

A little fuzzy, but thank you. I've always loved that curvy pattern in the floor. The walls were that industrial shade of beige before. This is so much better.

Snaggle -

I'm so pleased you remembered the cool art. Thank you for that.

Jannie Funster said...

Dear Industry Expert...

that is one cool hallway. I wonder if everyone sticks to the undulating path? And not go outside the line onto the black part? :)

Hopefully the murals will be tasteful, and maybe you'll post them?

xoxo

Lynn said...

Jannie -

I definitely stick to the undulating path. :)

You know I will post pics of them - if they're good!