Friday, October 24, 2008

Pesäpallo, laughing on the outside and good for him!

- Why I love Postcrossing – I usually learn something new: I received an email thank you from Satu in Finland for the postcard I sent her. On her profile she says she likes Finnish baseball and I asked on my card if it is the same as American baseball. She replied, “I have to tell you that Finnish baseball is different...but still really nice game...:)” I looked it up on Wikipedia and it is called “Pesäpallo.”

- Seen on a concrete post in the parking deck of Georgia Public Broadcasting: someone has written $949.00 on a black smudge and circled it.

- From the very formal Georgia State University Alumni magazine, “Alumni Report”: “Chris “Ludacris” Bridges, who attended the School of Music as a music management student from 1998-1999, was inducted into the Georgia Music Hall of Fame on Saturday, September 20. The three-time Grammy-winning rapper and actor is the first rapper to be inducted into the Hall of Fame. Since his initial breakthrough, Ludacris has maintained his status in the world of hip-hop as well as achieved a successful career in the film and television industry.”

No comments: