Saturday, January 10, 2009

Big Chicken, no sibling rivalry and Sacagawea

- Volunteering to deliver an important print job on a beautiful day, I follow the Mapquest instructions and find that all it really had to say was "turn left at the Big Chicken."

- Friend Tereza says her four-year-old son Luke has adjusted nicely to new brother Max and helped him open his presents on Christmas morning, saying "Look Max! This is how you play with this!"

- Dropping a Sacagawea dollar into the tip jar at Main Moon as thanks to the teenager handing me my takeout. And explaining to him that it isn't a quarter - which is how I got it in change in the first place.

4 comments:

Muttland said...

I did the same thing with a valet the night before! I gave him a dollar bill and the coin explaining "This is not a quarter..." I wonder if they are still making those coins. They're pretty easy to confuse with a quarter.

Lynn said...

Yes - someone gave me that with change for a dollar. I'm still not sure that kid took in that it was not a quarter. Hope your weekend is going good...

G. B. Miller said...

"Turning right at the Chicken".

Seems like that Mapquest was right for once. :-]

Sacagawea? Are they still making those? Or have they finally given up the ghost?

Lynn said...

The Big Chicken is a landmark in Marietta - a suburb of Atlanta. One of my friends was in Italy and a restaurant had a photograph of it on their wall. As far as I know it is one of a kind.

I think they might be making that coin still since the US Mint has links about it.