Thursday, January 1, 2009

Daydreaming, stories and Happy New Year

Directional sign to anywhere (Asheville, NC, Paris, France, etc.) just beside Tommy's Store in Hayesville, NC. May you follow your dreams in 2009...

- Learning to do something new. Since they were behind in the bindery at work, I offered to help out. (No one wants to talk to print reps on New Year's Eve anyway.) So they taught me to use the shrinkwrapper and I liked that the repetitiveness of the work allowed time to daydream. And the guys blast music back there, also fun.

- Listening to country music while shrinkwrapping and reflecting on how the songs always tell a story.

- Almost staying awake to see in the New Year; fireworks sounds at midnight alerted the passing of 2008.

3 comments:

G. B. Miller said...

Hope you were listening to some older country music. The newer stuff (in my humble opinion) seems to never quite match up for telling a good story.

And my apologies for not popping up with more frequency. I completely forgot about your blog. Shame on me as I normally hit all my faves (40 and counting) at least three times a week.

So, here's wishing you a belated Merry Christmas, a belated Happy New Years eve and a belated Happy New Years.

I hope 2009 turns out to be better than 2008 for you.

Lynn said...

Thanks Georgie! I have been lurking on your blog a little.

No - the country music the bindery guys listen to is that new stuff, but still catchy. I love the old ones like George Jones - he gets it right.

A belated Merry Christmas and Happy New Year to you!

Jannie Funster said...

How come I never get to work a shrink-wrap machine??