Thursday, January 8, 2009

Sign, speaking and reflection

- I am eating more healthily in the new year, but spot peanut M&Ms in the vending machine back in the printing plant and can’t resist. I casually walk back and put my money in and of course, they get stuck and won’t fall down. Billy comes to help, shaking the machine for all it is worth. We draw a small crowd. I feel conspicuous. Tony finally gets them to fall. I think it is a sign.

- Matthew update: His mom reports by email that while he slept a while and she talked with one of the therapists, he apparently was listening, because he woke up and said “that’s the longest guitar solo I’ve ever heard” (She had a John Mayer CD on.)

- Having a moment of quiet reflection and prayer alone in the dark sanctuary of my church.

No comments: