Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Nice man, exposed and facilitation

Photograph by Michael Ryerson

- A representative from Atlanta Gas Light Company, cheerfully relighting pilot lights after an outage from a gas leak, is thoroughly amused by this poster that hangs over the circuit breaker box in my laundry room.

- It once hung in the Itek camera room where we produced Yellow Pages advertisements and I rescued it from a trash pile when we went digital. A funny story: my sister used to go to a gynecologist who had this same poster hanging on the ceiling above his examining table. His first name was Art.

- Stopping for a Cafe Latte at ChocoLate, where the slogan is "Facilitate a strategic awakening." The owner wonders what I am doing out so early, then asks for my business card - she would rather use a printer that patronizes her business. It should always be so easy to find clients.

8 comments:

Muttland said...

Score! Maybe we should start leaving business cards with all of our lunch tips!

Lynn said...

I know! And I don't even go in there every morning. I am just out of coffee at home.

Y'all need to start hanging out at The Colonnade. :)

Muttland said...

Careful...we go to Colonnade sometimes although it's been awhile since we were there. There's actually more to choose from at Mary Macs. Last night I had potato cakes, squash casserole, steamed cabbage and fried okra. But the rolls were the highlight...yeast rolls, cinnamon rolls and cornbread (I don't eat the cornbread though because of the cracklins).

G. B. Miller said...

Perfect timing for running out of coffee.

Jannie Funster said...

Cool on the new client facilitating. And that poster is sure a hoot, I'd never seen it before.

Lynn said...

Make sure you click on the link and read the story - the flasher was the future Mayor of Portland!

den said...

that photo made my day

Lynn said...

Thanks Den! I see that you follow Clare's blog - do you have one, as well?