Saturday, January 24, 2009

Paper, profiled and star


- Pouring over paper swatch books with two co-workers looking for just the right paper to use for an estimate. We offer recycled options every time someone is willing to pay the extra money for it. I just wish it did not have to cost more, but the recycling process makes it so much more expensive for paper companies to produce.

- Laughing at how Amazon.com has so pegged me with this: "As someone who has recently purchased cooking titles from Amazon.com, you might like to know about these comfort food cookbooks." It is funny because I always order sort of high brow cookbooks and never really cook from them, so Amazon.com sees through that and knows I am a crockpot user at heart.

- A gracious and loving friend has passed away suddenly and too soon. But knowing that Heaven has a bright new occupant today.

"In one of the stars
I shall be living
In one of them
I shall be laughing
And so it will be
as if all the stars
were laughing
when you look
at the sky at night."

- The Little Prince
Antoine de Saint-Exupery

2 comments:

G. B. Miller said...

I always found it odd for companies to promote enviro friendly/recycled products, yet the price is always 25% more than if you bought the item the normal way.

Lynn said...

I agree that it is odd - I think it is the certification process it takes to be "green."