Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Poppie's coat, Fantasia and inaugeration moment

Photograph by Robert East

- And it is so cold this morning in Atlanta that it feels as if snow should be on the ground. I am grateful that I have my "woolly mammoth coat" to wear on days like this. It once belonged to my sister's father-in-law from Gloucester, Massachusetts - a place that is probably always cold in the winter. He wore it only once before he passed away. None of them wanted it, so I took it home. It is too large for me and takes up too much room in the closet, but no cold whatsoever can be felt through it.

- The pothole in the back parking lot of the printing company that was full of water yesterday is solid ice this morning. It looks just the right size for tiny fairies to skate on.

- Walking into Publix just before noon yesterday, just in time to see a couple of excited employees glued to a television, cheering to see the 44th President of the United States sworn in.

2 comments:

Jannie Funster said...

Ahh, I love the image of number two!

Lynn said...

That was the image that popped in my head when I was walking around it. :)