Thursday, November 13, 2008

Old friend, biscuits and too early

- Hearing my cellphone ringing in my purse and hearing, "Hi Lynnie!" from friend Steven, who is in and out of my life. He was an instant friend and we have been through much together. On his first day at work several years ago, I walked by his desk, spotted a Smiths CD and he let me borrow it. His favorite part of the story, "And she brought it back and said, 'how depressing!!!'"

- Someone putting out a package of Biscoff cookies at work and seeing that they were gone in a flash. They are my favorite snack on Delta flights, so I just managed to snag a couple to have with my hot red tea.

- 5:45 am is a little early to be eating breakfast anyway, so I can probably be excused for sprinkling cayenne pepper on my oatmeal instead of cinnamon. (Fortunately realizing my mistake the moment it happened and able to scrape it off.)

1 comment:

Jannie Funster said...

I am not familiar with the Smiths but they seem to have some really weird and dark song titles. Meat is Murder. The Queen is Dead.

I always have cayenne on my oatmeal, ha, ha!