Sunday, November 30, 2008

Topiaries, penance and fantasy

Calloway Gardens - Saturday


- The delightful Christmas topiaries at Calloway Gardens.

- My niece coming in from the neighboring house looking for milk. We tell her that we are out and are roughing it with that powdered stuff in our coffee. She has lost a bet while playing Super Mario on Wii and her penance was to bring milk and cookies to her cousin.

- My father declaring the Fantasy in Lights show at Calloway, one of the best things he has ever seen. My favorite: the Twelve Days of Christmas light display with the Three French Hens waving French flags.

1 comment:

Jannie Funster said...

At first glance I thought the photo must be the atruim at the Biltmore. (where we visited 8 Christmases ago.)Gorgeous.

All inspires me to get out and partake of all the Holidaying we can!