Monday, November 10, 2008

Traveling cake, Leviticus and snacky lunch

- The lovely ForĂȘt Noire cake I got at Maum Bakery to take to Saturday night dinner was even better the next day. So I took the remainder to Pat since she was with me when I bought it, but mainly because she had a long Sunday.

- Being the Liturgist at church on Sunday morning, and since it was stewardship Sunday the scripture was a little on the graphic side (in the Old Testament they spoke of animal sacrifices, etc.) One elderly gentlemen came up to me after the service and said, "I want to be on YOUR side!"

- A snacky makeshift lunch of rolled up Swiss cheese, Genoa salami and spicy mustard.

2 comments:

Jannie Funster said...

Could I have some of that cake Right Now, please??

The Presbyterian Church -- our United Church Of Canada I grew up in was formed from Presbyterians, Methodists and Congregationalists. And ever since I saw the movie Angela's Ashes when I hear the world Presbyterian I laugh and think of the Catholic grand-ma saying the little boy had "damn Presbyterian Hair" because she couldn't make his Alfalfa (little rascals,) sprig lay flat. Did you see that movie? Pretty heart-breaking, actually.

I guess I should remmeber to eat lunch before I visit your blog. Mine will be swiss and ham with mustard and mayo, sprouts on Eziekel bread. Juice - heaven.

Lynn said...

Angela's Ashes was one of the few movies I can say I was completely riveted by. It got my full attention. I don't remember the Presbyterian hair part - I'll have to watch it again. I got involved in the Presbyterian church because of my Scottish heritage and sensibilities. We can be a scrappy bunch - especially lately. :)

Yes - I love food and write about it a lot. Your lunch sounds yummy!